Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Time off Request

Xplorer1995
Explorer C

Hi there! 
I am just curious as to if you can request time off or if you HAVE to switch shifts or get your shift covered? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Time off Request

Passenger1C
Aviator C
Solution

@Xplorer1995  Check out the link below. Maybe this information will answer part of your question?

https://www.swabiz.com/citizenship/people/

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

Xplorer1995
Explorer C

I mean..not really? 
im just trying to figure out if I could request time off for something months in advance or not..to put it simpler 

floridaguy
Aviator C

This is a customer to customer forum, primarily.  No one here is expecting an HR question as there is already a platform available to Southwest employees to communicate those questions.

If one of the mechanics came here and asked about a part number for an injector nozzle on one of the GE jet engines, there wouldn't be much of a response either.

Your HR group can answer your question within the scope of your policies.

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey, @Xplorer1995!

Depending on the position, those time off requests can vary a bit! For our Ground Operations positions at our stations, there is a way to request time off in advance! There are also opportunities to shift trade or coordinate with your Cohearts to get a shift covered - our Ground Operations Teams are pretty crafty in making their schedules work. 😊