Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Flying to Hawaii

PetertheProphet
Adventurer B

Actually, my advice is that because the Hawaiian "10 day quarantine" edict isn't an actual law, there is absolutely no reason to submit to COVID testing as it's neither state law nor is Southwest Airlines requiring it. So by opting out, the original poster is NOT breaking Southwest policy. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

If caught, failure to comply might result in a fine of up to $5000 and a year in the pokey

https://health.hawaii.gov/news/files/2020/03/COVID-19-Daily-Update-March-24-2020a.pdf

chgoflyer
Aviator A

In the unfortunate absence of the ability to block specific users who post here only incorrect and potentially damaging info, my recommendation is to always carefully consider the source, and look for info that has been confirmed as correct by other members.

Unfortunately, there will always be those who seek to create heat, instead of light.

gsking
Aviator C

YeahNoMaybe
Adventurer A

I'm just curious whether or not there is a way to block a specific user's comments.

Thank you.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

We appreciate everyone here sharing their candid thoughts related to travel to Hawaii. As this thread has become heated, I'm dropping in a friendly reminder that everyone on the Community is expected to follow the Golden Rule.  We welcome all Community Members to engage with the content we find here, as long as it is respectful and on-topic, and we encourage everyone to refresh themselves on our Community User Guidelines.

Additionally, please feel free to review Southwest's policies relating to travel to Hawaii.

Remember, not all advice is sound advice. While Members and Employees will do their best to help each other out, it is possible for information provided in the Community to be wrong, incomplete, or not applicable to your specific situation. Always apply good judgment and feel free to seek information from official resources such as Southwest.com, CDC.gov, or the COVID-19 State of Hawai‘i Portal.

Thank you,

Nicole
Community Manager

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@YeahNoMaybe wrote:

I'm just curious whether or not there is a way to block a specific user's comments.

Thank you.

Hello, and great question, @YeahNoMaybe. There is not a way to block another user's comments, but we encourage you to flag any comments you feel violate our Community User Guidelines using the cogwheel icon and selecting the Report Inappropriate Content option. My Team will review those and remove any content that violates our Community terms of use.

In case it's helpful, I've pulled the clause below from our guidelines for your reference.

Use good judgment.

Remember, not all advice is sound advice. While Members and Employees will do their best to help each other out, it is possible for information provided in the Community to be wrong, incomplete, or not applicable to your specific situation. Always apply good judgment and feel free to seek information from official resources--in the context of this particular thread, resources like Southwest.comCDC.gov, or the COVID-19 State of Hawai‘i Portal.

Thank you,

Nicole
Community Manager