Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Drink Coupons

puppie96
Explorer B

It's been years since I was given any drink coupons.  They used to be sent automatically.

I've searched this forum and found the issue was addressed before, but the suggested solutions haven't worked.  Supposedly there's a place on the RR account page where you can "opt in" for free drink coupons, but I had no luck finding the link that was supposed to be there.  That may have been because these suggestions were several years old and not current.

What's going on with the coupons now?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Drink Coupons

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@puppie96 wrote:

It's been years since I was given any drink coupons.  They used to be sent automatically.

I've searched this forum and found the issue was addressed before, but the suggested solutions haven't worked.  Supposedly there's a place on the RR account page where you can "opt in" for free drink coupons, but I had no luck finding the link that was supposed to be there.  That may have been because these suggestions were several years old and not current.

What's going on with the coupons now?

Thanks.

Unfortunately you've found some of the older advice - the current status is that the automatic mailing of drink coupons are discontinued.

It isn't clear if it will come back or not, or there can be an occasional package of them coming from Chase if you have the rapid rewards credit cards.

Business Select and A-List Preferred passengers are getting the drink tickets electronically now so it seems unlikely for printed and mailed tickets to make a comeback.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

puppie96
Explorer B

Just to clarify, I'm not talking about paper coupons.  Online/virtual coupon would be fine with me, and some of the replies suggested that there was an "opt-in" tab someplace.  And I do have a SW credit card also.

kingsmatt80
Adventurer C

Go to My Account / Profile / Travel from the desktop website and you can select it here:

kingsmatt80_1-1708111081516.png

However, I do not think it will get us coupons as they did say they discontinued it.  Maybe, as you suggest, they will send them electronically now?

dfwskier
Aviator A

The pracice of automatically sending drink coupons to people that have completed 10 paid flights was discontinued early in 2023 -- be they paper or electronic coupons.

Sounds like the airline needs to update it's website.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

The pracice of automatically sending drink coupons to people that have completed 10 paid flights was discontinued early in 2023 -- be they paper or electronic coupons.

Sounds like the airline needs to update it's website.

Definitely still opt-in in case they suddenly come back in any form, or if there is a surprise and delight issuance you don't want to miss out on it.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

GaelleG
Explorer C

Late to the discussion on this, but as a long-time A-lister, I am disappointed to no longer receive drink coupons in the mail periodically.  It takes a lot of flying to achieve A-list status and while I can understand the desire to save $$ on postage, a periodic electronic credit for a beverage would be appreciated.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

@GaelleG wrote:

Late to the discussion on this, but as a long-time A-lister, I am disappointed to no longer receive drink coupons in the mail periodically.  It takes a lot of flying to achieve A-list status and while I can understand the desire to save $$ on postage, a periodic electronic credit for a beverage would be appreciated.  

As a person who has been A-List for every single year that the program has been in existence. I agree that ti takes a lot of flying to get and keep the status.

But if you are A-List, how is it that you are just now complaining about something that changed over a year ago? If you fly at least 25 one ways a year, surely you should have noticed that the coupons were missing (multiple times) a long, long time ago.

floridaguy
Aviator C

I am totally opposed to airlines serving alcohol on flights under 4 hours in duration.

Hutch
Explorer C

I think it’s fine as long as people are responsible.  I don’t get drinks if I’m going to rent a car or drive home.  Otherwise, I’m in, especially if it’s an evening flight after a long day.