Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: TSA Pre-Check

nickjwebster
Explorer C

I may have actually solved this!!!

I called customer service and spoke to Dianne (spelling?) employee ID #___65.
After expressing my frustration, she was somehow able to fix it so that I had pre-check on my boarding pass!! This is even after I had already checked into my flight.

She otl dme that she went into the "API" and REMOVED my middle name. After that, she resubmitted it and I had Pre-Check! She said that the name on my reservation was still First-Middle-Last name; it really needs to be that way so that it matches your ID, especially for international travel. She said if it happens again to call customer service and tell them to remove your middle name in the 'API'. Customer service will know what you are talking about, because this is an internal system for SouthWest.

Hope this helps! 

Thank you Dianne!

I hope Southwest IT department sees this and looks into it.

Regardless of whether it's Southwest or TSA/Global Entry, this needs to get fixed.

I was so frustrated, and I know other people are too!

Re: TSA Pre-Check

Bhbillh
Explorer C

Well we were told my wife could not add her middle name to her account because she had checked in already and she did not get precheck. We both have global entry. We have this trip May 1st and one in July coming up. We are frequent flyers and I really hope Southwest fixes this.