Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cancelled flight refund

wbender
Explorer C

Just received a ludicous $9 refund for a cancelled Denver to Hayden, Colorado flight on 12/26. Who are they kidding? What a joke. How best to appeal this ridiculousness?

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Cancelled flight refund

dfwskier
Aviator A

Did you buy a Denver/Hayden ticket?  If so , what was the cost?

wbender
Explorer C

No, The ticket was from Kansas City, through Denver to Hayden. The Denver to Hayden was the only leg cancelled. Each of 4 tickets was $675.96. Total refund $36. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

What was your method of payment? Did you complete any of the travel? Help us understand the whole picture so perhaps we can offer some advice. 

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

That's why there are two major lawsuits flying around right now - one from people trapped in the epic DISASTER and another from shareholders.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@wbender wrote:

Just received a ludicous $9 refund for a cancelled Denver to Hayden, Colorado flight on 12/26. Who are they kidding? What a joke. How best to appeal this ridiculousness?

Are you sure there isn't a travel credit for the balance and then $9 was the taxes and fees?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

mlathus
Explorer C

I am curious as to if you have received your complete refund yet? I am still trying to get my refund of $1,000 for a trip over the holiday and they sent me a $150 travel voucher! Like really?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@mlathus you are mixing terms refund and reimbursement without clarifying what you are actually looking for. If you would like assistance you will need to provide additional details.

--TheMiddleSeat

mlathus
Explorer C

Oh please! I have not had my airfare refunded. Does that work for you?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@mlathus have you checked to see if you currently have travel credits for the canceled flight? Using the confirmation number and the name of one passenger see if there is credit.

https://mobile.southwest.com/travel-funds/look-up

If so, then submit a request in writing that you currently have travel credits from a canceled flight and would like to receive credit back to the form of payment for the canceled flight. Include the confirmation number and names of all passengers. Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message.

If you do not have travel credits the other suggestion that seems to work is sending private messages via Facebook. Send the confirmation number, passenger names, and request refund for canceled flight. 

--TheMiddleSeat