Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: GOOD FAITH REFUNDS FOR COVID-19 ON SOUTHWEST

dfwskier
Top Contributor

@bahnisikha3474 wrote:

I had a flight for April 2020 and canceled it in February 2020 due to the pandemic. I reached out to them in April 2020 to see if there was a possibility of a cash refund. They denied that but replied saying that they are working on policy changes that would extend my funds till 2022. They never got back to me and now when I reached out to them, they responded saying that my funds have expired as they only extended flights canceled from March 1st.

They didn't contact you?? Did you really expect the airline to individually contact each and every one of the probably millions of ticket holders that cancelled. Southwest put the details of the ticket extension on it's webpage. You never bothered to look????? It was not kept a secret.

When the airline "didn't get back t o you" f or  almost     a year, didn't you think it strange?   You didn't reach out for a year???? Gimme a break

If you bought the ticket less than 18 months ago, the airline will let you convert the travel fund into a voucher into a $100 fee per travel fund.  The voucher is good for 6 months.

So, when you take your $80 voucher into account, you have only lost $20.

Contact customer relations to move forward

It is extremely shady and unprofessional how this business was carried out. They keep sending me stereotypical messages like 'we are sorry for the misinformation provided to you by our agent but we can't refund the full ticket amount. Here is a good faith voucher of 80$ for each passenger'.  It is absolutely awful how they first stole my funds by providing me misinformation and then they have the audacity to patronize me and condescendingly give me a 'keep your mouth shut' voucher. My ticket costs were >500$ and now when I can finally plan a trip after getting vaccinated, they are taking it away from me. Let's not forget that they actually got bailed out by the government and could not reciprocate the same generosity towards its customers in a time the entire world came crashing down.  The true character of any business becomes apparent in these times. This has caused me a big deal of emotional duress and I will escalate the matter the best I can.

TheMiddleSeat
Top Contributor

If you want any chance of being taken seriously, please fix your caps lock. 

--TheMiddleSeat

luvswa123456
New Arrival

PLEASE STOP BULLYING PEOPLE WHO POST!

ANOTHER SPIN REPLY BY THE SOUTHWEST USUAL POSTERS!
JUST OFFER A REFUND FOR THOSE WHO WANT IT!
ITS A PANDEMIC! GREED SHOULD BE SOUTHWEST'S MOTTO!
BUT GO AHEAD, SHOT THE MESSENGER!

bec102896
Top Contributor

If Southwest cancels your flight before you cancel you can reach out to Southwest to request a refund. One thing to keep in mind when reaching out I highly suggest TURNING OFF YOUR INNER CAPS LOCK as the agent you will get didn't choose to cancel your flight. 

Should you want to request an exception for a refund because you cancelled I would suggest the same because talking in ALL CAPS usually won't solve any problems. 

luvswa123456
New Arrival

PLEASE STOP BULLYING PEOPLE WHO POST!

MeddleSeat

Awesome Post. Middle Seat gets perks from Sw to bully you. I have been banned by SW for putting light what they hide. i just wanted my $659.00 fare refunded but didnt read the fine print drafted probably by 200 lawyer son their payroll. My flight was lowered to $99.00 & it may have been canceled? They wear your down & work w you're $. I may contact my Senator & a senior citizen group(if you use the name of the group  Nicole Ashley the SW monitor(like Judy on Leave it to Beaver the class canary) will censor you. They really have hot an all time low putting the Customer Service labor on the Customer. They won't hire more customer service people so you give up after 2 hrs and your $ is still in their lock box. Why that arrogant contributor could insult you by saying your caps button was locked but if you called him a shameless Yes Man for Southwest you d be banned. SW is kind of like the Politburo of the old USSR and their blog is like TASS the old Soviet New Agency . Hope you get to read this before Ashley finds it

elijahbrantley
Rising Star

This is a duplicate post. See here.

-A List Preferred, Companion Pass holder, Community Champion.

luvswa123456
New Arrival

ITS A PANDEMIC! GREED SHOULD BE SOUTHWEST'S MOTTO!

ipsedixit

Why so angry?

bwallet

For some people, being angry is a hobby.